One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

#96 - I'm A Lonesome Polecat

The title of today's entry came from a song in "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" where the brothers are out in the snow, chopping firewood and acting all dopey in love. While we don't act dopey anymore, our little family did spend lots of time in the snow today. We had about 18 inches piled in our backyard and in the street when we woke this morning, so we bundled up and headed out. My wonderful hubby broke out the snow blower, and I was hoping the little guy would want to play. Twas not to be today, though TLG did want to help me shovel for a little while. This was almost comical, as the shovel is taller than he is, plus the wind was blowing and it was so cold neither of us could stay out very long (I'm a wimp, and I guess TLG takes after me). I do need to remember to buy him a snowsuit next winter so we'll be ready for days like today. Before too long, we gave up and went inside to drink hot chocolate instead. Aaaaah.

No comments: