One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

#114 - The Ropes

A new staff member started at work today, and I got to show her the ropes. I've never been in a position to show a new worker everything - from introducing them around to getting their office set up... all of it, down to what projects are in the works that they should take over. I have been SUPER excited to get this particular staff member on board and am gung-ho to get everything moving along. She'll be taking over some great, fun stuff I've been working on and I know the project will ultimately benefit greatly from having someone's full attention (as opposed to the meager time I've been able to give). It felt so good to welcome her to the staff and I know we're going to enjoy working together, so that made today's new thing even more exciting.

No comments: