One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

#93 - Football, football, football

In our house growing up, New Year's Day meant watching the Tournament of Roses parade and hanging out as a family. My hubby's family has always skipped the parade and just watched football. All. Day. Long. With a short break to eat homemade chili with cheese and crackers. So when the parade ended after a very short 1-1/2 hours this morning, the football came on. Our terrific in-laws joined us at lunch time and we watched football together. Normally, I would have tried to go somewhere else in the house and let the football-watchers have their time together, but today I stayed in the living room too. (OK, I was reading a book and occasionally playing with TLG and Grandma, but you have to give me credit for staying around, right?) By about 5:00 p.m., I had just about had it with the football... I'll admit it. Fortunately, my hubby noticed my frazzled demeanor and turned the TV off for one whole hour (bliss!) so we could all play together for a while. All in all, though, it was a very relaxing day.

No comments: