One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

#115 - Airing My Feelings

I'm a lurker on many websites every day. Many of them are news-related or entertainment-related (I know you are surprised about that). I was horrified yesterday afternoon when I first read that one of my favorite young actors, Heath Ledger, was found dead in his apartment in New York City. I've been thinking about it all day today and so tonight I came out of my shell and posted my thoughts on one of Entertainment Weekly's tribute sites. Of course I post regularly on the web - that isn't new - but when I do take a moment to look at the comments on some of my favorite sites (USA Today, Entertainment Weekly, People) I find that people are arrogant, bad with spelling and punctuation, or so adamant about their point that they ramble forever with no point at all! I don't want to be one of those people, so I don't ever put in my two cents. (I save it all for you, dear reader!) So in order to avoid becoming a rambling idiot, here's today's point: I thought Heath Ledger was a very talented young actor, and I'm very sad to think that his daughter (who is the same age as my little guy) will grow up not knowing her daddy. I am also sorry we won't get to see Mr. Ledger mature on the silver screen. How sad it is that another young life has been cut short.

No comments: