One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

#108 - Quick as a Cricket, Hot as a Fox

(The title of today's post is a mish-mash of lines from one of TLG's books, titled "Quick as a Cricket".)

TLG has never successfully undressed himself all the way at bath time, nor is he usually awake enough in the morning to help with the getting dressed process. This morning around 2:00am, TLG woke me up by yelling/crying for his Daddy. Well, Daddy was sleeping pretty hard, so I answered the call... and imagine my surprise to find TLG had somehow gotten his one-piece p.j.s unsnapped and unzipped all the way down to his leg, where he got stuck. He told me in no uncertain terms that he was hot and he wanted different p.j.s I was so proud of him for using his words to tell me all that information! By then he was crying a lot from the frustration, I think. I gave him his favorite football p.j.s, a clean diaper, and a big glass of milk to calm him down... and he went peacefully back to sleep (and even slept late this morning!) Hooray for language skills!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: