One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

#119 - 'Fraidy Cat


Tonight TLG and I were home alone. We've had some crazy weather these past few weeks and tonight it was incredibly windy. Tonight's new thing is: TLG and I (and our two dogs) were scared someone was breaking into our house. There wasn't anyone, of course, it was just our screen door flapping in the wind... but it did sound like someone was picking our lock and trying to come inside. This is new for me because growing up, my parents were always there to take care of me, and in our old house I never worried about anyone coming in (heck, our old house wasn't really worth their time anyways...) TLG could tell I was frightened tonight, and it made me feel better when the dogs posted themselves near the front door to protect us.

No comments: