One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, January 4, 2008

#95 - Old School Videos

As a kid, I never got into MTV or VH1 or watching music videos in general. That continues to be mostly true, but last night, I watched some videos from the late 80's that made me feel like I missed out seeing them when I was younger. Sure, I'd seen the Thriller video before, but hasn't everybody? Last night, I watched George Michael's "Faith" (which is a great song but there's not much to the video - just George shaking his tush, playing guitar, and an occasional shot of a jukebox). And George Harrison's "I've Got My Mind Set On You." (That was a weird one - just the former Beatle sitting in a chair, with the furnishings moving in time with the music... come to think of it, there's not much to the words in that song, either.) A recent music video I really like is Feist's "1234" where the dancers appear from nowhere... if you haven't seen it yet, drop what you're doing and go to YouTube. I'll wait.

No comments: