One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

#100 - On a Soapbox

My hubby and his parents tease me about when I'm going to run for mayor because of my involvement in community issues. I've never really been one to take an active interest in politics - I usually have more of a critical, what-have-they-done-now view. But I am registered to vote and I always participate, even in the primaries. A few days ago, I took an online quiz that matched my opinions with the current candidates running for President. With the Nevada primaries only 11 days away, I was interested in the candidate who supposedly matched my views the closest. The answer: Barack Obama. So tonight, though I've never been this interested in the presidential race before, I visited Obama's website to see for myself. (In the past, I usually relied on my local newspaper and my own gut reaction to help me choose.) After looking through many of the issues I'm opinionated on (in?) I'd have to say I'd consider voting for him... his views on Iraq, immigration, education, and health care all mirror my own. I've been wholly unsatisfied with the current politics on these issues, so it would be a relief to have some change in sight.

No comments: