One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, January 28, 2008

#120 - A Study in Light and Dark

Since we moved into our house almost two years ago, we have had plenty of power outages... enough to make me wonder if that's part of the reason the previous owners left. The most notable one so far was on Christmas Eve 2006, where we almost missed dinner because the power was out for a few hours during prime cooking time. So it was no surprise when the power outages woke us up this morning around 1:30am-ish and again about an hour (or so) later. But it still wasn't on when my surrogate alarm clock (wonderful husband-of-mine) woke me on time. So this morning I showered, did my hair and put on all my makeup by candlelight. I was worried that I couldn't see well enough to do my eyes like normal, but once the power came back at around 7:15am, I did a quick check and all looked OK. I guess all that practicing every day must have paid off in this case! TLG was quite unhappy that I couldn't serve him his normal morning sippy cup of warm milk and turn on the boob tube on time, but he was able to suffice with a few minutes of Sesame Street once the power came back on. So far tonight has been good (knock on wood) so I hope we'll all sleep better over night!

No comments: