One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

#270 - Tulsa to Branson

Today the three of us flew to Tulsa, OK where we rented a car and drove to Branson, MO. None of us have seen this beautiful part of the country before, and it did not dissapoint! A few new things, wrapped up into one post along with some observations:
- Oklahoma, at least the part we saw, is very flat and green. There are many cows and horses, and each time the little guy saw a bunch of cows, he parroted my hubby and said "Holy Cows!" So very cute.
- An interesting observation at the Arby's in OK where we finally had lunch: they had a little bar next to the soda dispenser where you could get pickles and peppers for your sandwich. I've never seen that before!
- Missouri is more hilly near the border, and once you enter the beautiful Ozark mountains, you can definitely tell.

- Missouri has awesome rest areas (see photo). The first one we stopped at had a big sign for "2007 Quality Award Winner" from the MODoT, and it was easy to see why. The little guy and I had a blast playing at the playground - a good break after being on two planes and in the car all day. They also had a great welcome area, bathrooms, and tons of vending machines.

No comments: