One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, July 4, 2008

#253 - Fireworks!


Happy 4th of July! Tonight, we shared fireworks with our little guy for the first time. (Last year, he went to bed too early to see them, and the year before he was too little to understand.) We set up on the sidewalk at my sister's house in California, and had a giant box of them to set off. My wonderful hubby and my brother-in-law did all the lighting of the fires, and they did a great job. My sister provided delicious desserts to accompany the pyrotechnics, and the rest of us ooohed and aaaahed. The little guy loved them, and clapped after almost every one. Here's a shot of him at the beginning of the fireworks show:

No comments: