One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

#269 - Freebies to a Good Cause

At our house, we get lots of free stuff in the mail from non-profit organizations, including address labels, nickels, pins, stickers, greeting cards, and 12-month calendars. As you know if you read this blog regularly, I love to recycle things/donate things/make good use of things as often as possible. Today I took a bunch of 12-month calendars and donated them to the local Big Brothers Big Sisters program. I used to be a big sister, and I know that they give wall calendars to the "littles" so they can write down when they have time scheduled to be with their "bigs." Today's stash included calendars with all sorts of themes: wildlife, puppies/kitties, classic Jeeps, and flowers. Hey, it's better than recycling them or throwing them away! If anybody reading this gets similar calendars and is thinking of tossing them out - please save them for me the next time you see me, ok?

Funny thing, though, I came home after dropping off the calendars, and what did we get in the mail? You guessed it. Another calendar. Go figure.

No comments: