One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

#262 - A Visit to Whole Foods

For lunch today, I went to the new Whole Foods market here in Reno with some of my coworkers. The store itself was much larger than I thought at first glance - when I stepped in the door I thought "This is gigantic!" They have fresh produce, food and wine on one side of the store. The center is organic/environmentally friendly house products, pet care, baby care, home decor and cosmetics. The other side of the store is a giant salad bar, soup bar, deli counter and lots of choices to eat right away. There's a small section for eating inside, with more seating outside. I did a little shopping before picking out my lunch, and then chose a sandwich called the "Artown" on crusty bread with spinach, two kinds of meat, cheese, tomato, and some sort of pesto sauce. I had some kettle potato chips and a sparkling blueberry soda, and enjoyed each bite. We took single-serving desserts back to the office for a mid-afternoon snack, and though my carrot cake was a little dry, it was still tasty. The store was very crowded and we were surprised that none of us saw anybody we knew in that huge crowd. It was clean and well-stocked, and the lines moved quickly. Being an ever-more-fanatic supporter of the environment, I liked the products they were selling but the prices seemed a bit high for regular shopping.

No comments: