One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

#257 - Down, Up, Down, Up... and So On

The little guy did not want to go to bed tonight, and he told us so. In fact, he got up three different times, tried to put on regular shorts and insisted that he wanted to be awake. We were downstairs playing euchre with Grandma and Grandpa, and admittedly we were laughing and having fun, so perhaps he just didn't want to miss anything. The first time, he was halfway down the stairs before I went to take him back upstairs. I settled him back in and closed the door. The second time, my hubby went to check on him, and found him with no shorts on, holding some daytime shorts and wanting to come downstairs. The third time, I found him peeking out from behind his door, wearing no shorts but holding his p.j. shorts and asking for his teddy bear. After settling him back in bed, the two of us said "Goodnight" to many of the things in his room (like in the book Goodnight, Moon) and that's the last we've seen of TLG this evening. This big boy bed stuff is lots of work!

No comments: