One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

#252 - That's Why They Call It The Pita Pit!

I had lunch today at a new place: The Pita Pit. I went with a friend from my old workplace who I haven't seen in a long time, and we had a great time. I asked the cashier taking my order for his recommendations, and one of the ones he mentioned was something called souvlaki. If you look this up on the internet, they tell you it's supposed to be made of lamb, but The Pita Pit makes theirs out of marinated chicken. They have a flat griddle where someone cooks your meat, while someone else prepares your pita much like at a Subway or Port of Subs. Since I've never had souvlaki and didn't know what kind of marinade they use, I told the pita guy I like all kinds of vegetables and would he please be in charge of making sure my pita tasted good? He did a great job, he added lettuce, green pepper, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sprouts, some sort of white creamy cheesy stuff (I forget the name), and "secret sauce". When the meat was done, he wrapped it up and I was ready to give it a try - delicious! I shouldn't have eaten the whole thing, but I enjoyed each bite. I wish this place was closer to work, I would go back there again soon.

No comments: