One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

#216 - Pop Candy Hotline

This afternoon, I called and spoke with Whitney Matheson, author of my favorite pop culture blog on USA Today. Like today, Whitney occasionally hosts a call-in hotline for crazy pop culture junkies like myself to call and talk about any subject we like. It took about 15 minutes to get through being on hold, and she told me I was the last caller she was taking today. I was a little nervous, since I knew she'd be recording all her calls... but after thanking her for helping me achieve my new thing of the day (!) I asked her if she thought today's audiences would like the new Muppet movie or the new Fraggle Rock movie better. We chatted for a few moments about each franchise and decided no matter what the public decides, we'll probably both like the Muppet movie better.

No comments: