One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

#203 - Reality Stars

This evening, I got dressed up and attended a special event where I saw two reality TV stars in person: Melinda Doolittle from American Idol, and Terry Fator, the ventriloquist from America's Got Talent. Having never watched these shows, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. Ms. Doolittle was a very good singer, and performed a few old standards like "My Funny Valentine" and "I Got Rhythm." I enjoyed her set a lot. Terry Fator was very funny and was a much better singer than I expected a ventriloquist to be - he won me over near the beginning of his act when he performed "The Rainbow Connection" using the voice of Kermit the Frog. (He must have known I was in the audience!)

No comments: