One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, May 16, 2008

#207 - Skateboard Park

After work today, our little family went to a nearby park to enjoy the evening weather, and we checked out a skateboard park. Being kind-of a nerd myself, I've never been to a skateboard park, but since this one was deserted we went running around and exploring. Some of the ramps were so steep we couldn't get up them (I was wearing flip-flops, and my hubby and TLG were in sneakers - but even so, the surface on the ramps was quite slick). Each ramp was black (covered in vinyl?) and had metal edges, so they were pretty hot to the touch. We did find a couple of short ones we could climb, but since we didn't have anything with wheels to use to roll up/down, it was a pretty tame outing.

No comments: