One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

#209 - Not a Governor In Sight

This evening, our band played at the Governor's Mansion in Carson City. I've only been to the mansion once before, and it was for a work event years ago, and I certainly was not part of the entertainment at that time. No, tonight, we played for a fundraiser for Operation First Response, a group recently formed to help fund programs for injured veterans. It was a much smaller audience than we had anticipated, and they didn't feed us dinner while we were there... but once the sun went down a little bit, the weather cooled off and it was a very nice outdoor venue to perform in. When it was over, my hubby, his mom, and I all headed to Denny's for a late-night breakfast (yum!) before heading home to Reno. All in all, it was a nice night.

No comments: