One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

#201 - Just Like Stanley Steemer Would Do


Today I learned how to use a carpet shampooer/wet vac. This being my first house (as an adult) with carpets I care about, I've never had the occasion to try this type of machine before. My hubby (who's a pro at this sort of thing) helped me mix the solution, pour it in, and hooked up the hand-held attachment so I could practice on the stairs before I go too crazy in our house. We had to clean the carpets because one of the doggies got sick in the living room yesterday (long story) and we're hosting a party this weekend... not to mention it's been two years since we steam cleaned them. (Has it really been two years since we moved here?!? Amazing!) Turns out, I'm not bad at using the attachment tool, the stairs look much better.

No comments: