One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

#204 - A Very Rare Disease

The other new thing about tonight's event was the cause: Niemann Pick Type C, or children's Alzheimers. There are only about 500 children in the world with NPC, and there is no known cure. The twin 4-year-old girls for whom tonight's event was planned were both diagnosed with early signs of NPC last October. There were over 1,000 people in attendance at the event, so I'm hoping I wasn't the only one who learned something new. The two girls were recently featured on Good Morning America, and their doctors and parents are doing everything they can to find a cure. I wish them the very best of luck.

No comments: