One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

#116 - Catching Up on Old TV

I fell in love with the TV show "Freaks and Geeks" when it aired in the fall of 1999. At the time, everyone kept comparing it to another short-lived show, "My So-Called Life," which starred Claire Danes and was cancelled before a full season could air on TV. Having never watched that show when it aired in the early '90s, I decided it was time... so today I watched the first three episodes of "My So-Called Life" which I rented from Netflix. It seems like a decent show, and I hope I'll like it even more as I continue, but so far it doesn't compare to "F&G." I loved every minute of that show, from the opening minutes of the pilot episode on, and I've tried to follow Judd Apatow and the actors from the show through their various projects over the years. I'm so glad most of the actors from that show have gone on to do great work all over the movies and TV (Linda Cardellini is now on "ER," Jason Segal is on "How I Met Your Mother," Seth Rogen starred in two huge hit movies last summer, and James Franco has been working in movies - most visibly in the Spider Man trilogy). I will continue to watch "MSCL" and hope that it will live up to the hype.

No comments: