One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

#109 - A Masterpiece (and an apology)

First, the apology: Our main computer has been down for a few days at home, and since I don't post at work, this has given me a handy excuse for not posting for a few days. I'm sorry about that, and I'll make it up to you by writing more than one post today.

This morning, the little guy and I tried to watercolor paint, which I've only ever done as a kid myself. I think TLG might still be a little young to enjoy this particular art form, but I had fun watching him. I find sometimes that I need to be more patient, let him try things for himself, and not immediately jump in and show him how it "should" be done... so that's something to work on. When we were all done, I went to rinse off his brush in the sink, and when I turned back around he was to drinking the dirty water in the glass I had set out. I yelled "NO!" probably waaaay too loud for the situation, and I think I scared the you-know-what out of TLG because he promptly started crying and asking for Daddy. *sigh*

No comments: