One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

#104 - A New Store in Town

OK, this store isn't new to town anymore... RC Willey opened in our city a couple of years ago, but it's waaay on the other side of everything from where we live, so I'd never been. One of my coworkers swears by it, so this afternoon I went to check it out. (Fortunately, Grammy and Papa were visiting, so Grammy and TLG came with me while my hubby and Papa went home to "watch football" and by that I mean "take a nap in front of the TV.") RC Willey is a huge store, but it's quite unconventional in its layout. You don't ever see a cash register anywhere in the store, leaving me to wonder how you actually buy something in there. We must not have looked very serious about making any purchases, I guess, because though there were lots of sales associates wandering around, none of them offered to help us with anything. It also surprised me what sorts of things they sold in there - I expected it to be more like a Fry's Electronics or something, but they had tons of furniture in addition to all the electronics, appliances, and floorings. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the store all told, though they did seem to have good quality items. TLG really liked the 1930's Chevy truck they had on display. That was probably the best part of our visit!

Afterwards, we went back to our house for some cooking with Grammy (which TLG totally enjoyed)! We're so glad you came for a visit! Thanks!

No comments: