One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

#105 - Dog Food

We have two big dogs, and they are an important part of our family. They love TLG, and vice versa. They play with each other and generally don't need any extraordinary care (above and beyond normal dog needs). Except for one delicate subject... these dogs can pass gas like there's no tomorrow. It's excruciating to be anywhere in the same time zone once these dogs have eaten. I've done some research, and other than eating too fast, many internet sites all say the same thing: if your dry dog food has corn listed as one of the top couple of ingredients, it may be causing your dog to have a gassy stomach. To try to help with this problem, today we bought a new dry dog food where corn is not listed among the top ingredients. It's much lower down on the list. Looking through the varieties of food at the store, my wonderful hubby reported that there were only 2 kinds that didn't have corn right at (or near) the top of the list. The bag we chose was smaller and more expensive than our old kind of food, but if it helps with our problem, I will be grateful!

UPDATE: As of late Monday, 1/14 the dogs have been yucky-smell-free and I am LOVING it! Worth every penny to upgrade their food, plus they've been eating every morsel so they've obviously been enjoying the new tastes as well. I'm so glad this worked out for all of us.

No comments: