One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

#156 - Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat

OK, our house doesn't actually have a smelly cat, but we do have one extremely smelly (new) dog. For some bizarre reason, the Nevada Humane Society did not give our Penny a bath before spaying her yesterday. And since she was a stray dog, she was pretty dirty to begin with. Now that she's had the surgery she can't have a bath for 10 days while we wait for the stitches to dissolve. The staff member at the NHS had suggestions for making her smell a little better, including using a wet rag to wipe her down, or trying to sprinkle a little baby power on her. But tonight, I did some internet research to see if there were any other suggestions for giving a dog a better smell. I didn't actually find much, to my surprise, though there were lots of pages encouraging the surgery (which I was happy to see). I guess we'll try the powder and cross our fingers.

UPDATE 3/16: After a trip to the pet store today to look for a product ("Cowboy Magic") recommended to us from a member of a ranching family, and having no luck finding such product... we tried wiping Penny down and sprinkling some powder. She does smell much better now, thank goodness! But I still can't wait for her to get a real bath.

No comments: