One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

#150 - Parenting 101

I wish they handed out mommy and daddy manuals at the hospital when a new baby is born. Today I could have really used a mommy manual to consult...

For most of the day today, our little guy talked about our dog CJ, who recently passed away. He pointed out CJ's leash in the coat closet, talked about how big he is (big!) and what color (black). And at dinner time, he helped me "cook" dinner for our dog Ellie and insisted that he wanted to help with CJ's dinner too. So today I had to try to explain death to a 2-year-old. My hubby and I both tried every explanation we could think of, including he's gone, he's outside, he went to work, he's playing and won't come home. It was very emotional for me and I started to cry, which just made TLG upset too. Where's my mommy manual!?!?

No comments: