One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, March 10, 2008

#153 - I've Been Oriented!

My first day on my new job, and I have officially been oriented. I mean, for the first time ever, I'm working in an organization that is large enough to have an all-day orientation session. There were probably 75 folks at the session today (and they hold these monthly!) - and I felt the HR folks did a good job of mixing up speakers, videos, paperwork, a tour of the facility, and Q-and-A sessions. There are 2300 employees total at my new organization - wow! - and I obviously have a lot to learn before I'm ready to do any official work... but my boss and co-workers are understanding of this fact and are eager to help me gain the knowledge I need. I'm so happy to have made this switch!

No comments: