One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, March 7, 2008

#151 - Happy Endings

Today was my last day at my old job, and that's close enough to a new thing for me for today. My office has been a ghost town lately, literally, so it was nice to see lots of people... the IT folks to turn off my e-mail, the HR folks for the paperwork, and they also got me a cake so I could say farewell in style. My friends who still work there have been very supportive through all this and while I wish I wasn't leaving them in the lurch timing-wise (there's a big fundraising event coming up soon), well, when exactly is a good time to leave a job?!? It's like any major life event - there really IS no good time, so you just have to plunge ahead. It was a nice day, and I left the building at 5:00 knowing I have completed every project I had agreed to (and then some!) and there's nothing left that I need to do. It's a good feeling to have!

No comments: