One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

#254 - Swimming With A Quasi-Net


The little guy loves anything to do with playing in water - and today we let him swim in my aunt and uncle's pool with a lifejacket so he didn't have to cling to us. At first, we let him try with just a circular fish blow-up toy (see photo) but that made me really nervous, especially in the deep end of the pool. The lifejacket is made for little guys, and is attached to some spandex shorts so there was no way for him to get out of it - he seemed to like it and it made me feel a little more safe about him being in the pool. His favorite activities alternated between jumping in (with me catching him each time) and using the fish floaty to swim by kicking his legs up-and-back the length of the pool. We had a great time in swimming!

No comments: