One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

#261 - Providing Inspiration

At my new place of employment, before most committee meetings tackle the business on their agendas, there is often found an inspirational quote, poem, or prayer given. Today I was asked to give the inspirational moment before the environmental committee. It took me a couple of hours yesterday to decide what I wanted to say, but eventually what I came up with is that I'd like the little guy to still have a clean environment and enough natural resources to enjoy what I have been given over the years. And I read most of the words to Kermit the Frog's "I Wonder About the World Above Up There" from Sesame Street, which is a nice ode to noticing how wonderful the earth is. My hubby gets a lot of flack from me about recycling, and turning off lights and other electrical equipment when they're not in use, but I really hope that if enough of us change our light bulbs out, etc. that future generations will still have enough clean air and energy to have a good life.

No comments: