One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, July 28, 2008

#272 - TLG's First Water Park


White Water Park in Branson is part of three amusement parks affiliated with Silver Dollar City, and today we gave White Water a try. My childhood penpal and her son met us there, so our little party of five braved the fountains, lazy river, wave pools and some of the family-friendly larger slides. TLG was a little cautious at first, but once he realized how great his lifejacket was for making splashing fun, he left us adults in the dust! He splashed everywhere, turning levers and wheels to turn the fountains on-and-off, and wanted to float down the river without an innertube (and without me holding on) just to be swimming by himself. The waves at the wave pool got a little intense in the water, so we sat at the edge at let the waves lap at our feet instead. Once we wore ourselves out, we all went to dinner together to enjoy a little more time in one place. Man, it was great to spend a whole day with my good friend Steph! Thanks for making that drive to see us!

No comments: