One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, July 21, 2008

#267 - Little Philadelphia

I don't know why I've been trying so many new places to eat recently, but today for lunch I had a cheesesteak sandwich from Little Philadelphia. I've driven past this tiny place a million times (it's just down the street from where my fabulous hubby works) but have never stopped to try it. My boss and coworker both got really excited that I was going shopping on my lunch break right nearby, and begged me to bring back sandwiches. With those accolades, how could I not try it? The place really is as small on the inside as it looks on the outside, only a handful of tables, though there are more outside. It was clean and had plenty of Philly-related sports memorabilia and photos of the city. I ordered a small cheesesteak sandwich with the works (grilled mushrooms, red peppers and onions), plus fries. And of course the bizarre sandwiches for my coworkers (one of whom is on an Atkins-like diet, so no bun on that sandwich). They got the order correct (sometimes this is asking a lot), and I took it all back to work. By the time I got there, the food had cooled off considerably, but it still tasted good. If I ever get to eat at this place again, I'd recommend eating it in the restaurant (before the cheese cools off and gets gelatinous). And no matter what your boss tells you about the hot sauce on your sandwich, go easy. It's HOT.

No comments: