One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, July 7, 2008

#255 - And I Pity Any Girl Who Isn't Me Today

I wore flowers in my hair to work today. It was nearly 100 degrees in Reno today and I'll admit this morning I didn't feel much like going to work after a wonderful holiday weekend. So this morning, when the little guy picked out a flowered clip from my hair drawer (from my bridal shower, years ago, the one-and-only time I've worn flowers in my hair outside of a costume) and insisted I wear it today, I thought: What the heck? I was amazed at how many compliments I received, not only from co-workers but from perfect strangers in the restaurant at lunch time. I did feel pretty, so maybe I was walking differently than normal, and it was a nice feeling.

No comments: