One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

#266 - Mad Men

Today, on our DVR, we recorded all 13 episodes of the first season of "Mad Men" and this evening I watched the first one. This show airs on AMC and the second season begins next week. It's about people who work at an ad agency in the 1960's, so the costumes and scenery are all very stylized, but I especially noticed the music. The first episode contained a great arrangement of the song "Caravan" as well as "On The Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady. The actors were very believable, and I know this show has been nominated for more Emmy awards than any other drama this year. I had high hopes going in, and I definitely liked it enough to watch the rest of the season.

No comments: