One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, April 28, 2008

#197 - Really Cool Snail Mail

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I've been sending packages to soldiers serving oversees for about six months. In today's mail, I got my first letter from a soldier who said, "I'm coming home so don't send me anything else at this address!" (Wow, I got chills just typing that.) This soldier is one I've been keeping in touch with, sending letters even when I didn't have anything else saved up to send. It feels great to know that this soldier is headed home for his family, friends, and life! Now if they could all just come home, that would be great. (Wishful thinking, I know.)

No comments: