One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

#179 - Bad Daughter

My dad had some surgery today, and he came out of it fine, I understand. I feel guilty to admit today's new thing: I didn't know anything about my dad's surgery (time, place, exactly what type of surgery) and so all day, I worried that I hadn't heard anything about how he was doing. My family has been pretty healthy, save for a couple of health scares over the years, and I've always been kept up to date on things in the past. This made it especially odd to not know a thing about today's happenings. I left messages yesterday and today and still didn't hear back. Finally, after dinner, my dad himself called to let me know he was OK. *whew* Next time I resolve to have more information in advance so I don't have to start wondering about cold-calling hospitals to find him!

No comments: