One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, April 21, 2008

#191 - Fresh Mex

I went to lunch all by myself today, to a new place in town called Fresh Mex. Even though it's right near where I work, I'd never heard of it until last week, when I read about it in the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce newsletter. It's a small family business, in a location that's changed hands more times than I can count since I moved to Reno. The service was terrific (could have been because I was only one of two patrons in the place when I placed my order), and the food was tasty. The waitress gave me a recommendation for a meal AFTER I gave her my order, and I probably should have taken it. She said I should try the fish tacos, even though I had just ordered beef. I tried the beef anyway, and they were good but had an interesting spice that I'm not used to. I will definitely return to Fresh Mex and I'll try the fish.

No comments: