One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

#177 - Lollipop, Lollipop

The little guy got his third haircut today, and his first-ever lollipop afterwards. Those little sticks make me nervous... what if he ate it when I wasn't looking? Should I let him have it in the car? Do I make him finish it before we leave? What if he chomped on the candy and it got stuck in his throat? Do I remember enough about the heimlich maneuver to perform it on a small child? (Good grief, I really am neurotic.) Anyway, he chose a purple Dum-Dum at the hair cut place, and he ate it successfully all by himself. He was still sucking on it when we arrived safely at home, and he promptly gave me the stick back when he was done. What a relief for Mom!

No comments: