One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, February 25, 2008

#139 - Testing, Testing

Today, as part of the new hire process for my new job, I took a drug test. Sure, I've taken those pee-in-a-cup tests before, especially while I was pregnant. But this was the first time I've ever taken one where I was given specific instructions to empty my pockets, lock up my purse in a cabinet, and given a time frame in which to complete the deed. I know there are requirements to make sure that people don't cheat the system, but it all felt a little odd to me. Not to mention I had to wait for an hour in the waiting room with a bunch of sick and injured folks just to complete this test (which took less than five minutes...) Looking back, maybe they had me wait to ensure that I would be able to go to the bathroom on cue? Weird.

No comments: