One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

#125 - Walking on Eggshells


In preparation for the Super Bowl tomorrow, I did a lot of cooking and baking tonight. TLG wanted to help in the kitchen because he loves cooking - so the two of us tried to make devilled eggs together. This was quite an experiment because you have to be very gentle with getting the eggshells off the hard-boiled eggs to preserve the whites for later. TLG isn't the most gentle kid, nor the most patient, so we wrecked a few. But he got the hang of it. Then he promptly spilled the trash can full of eggshells all over the kitchen floor! Once we cleaned up that mess, I stood him on a kitchen chair at the counter so he could help his daddy mash up the yolks... and he promptly fell head-first off the chair and smack! onto the floor. That was the end of my kitchen help because TLG was crying and wanted to read a book, so I was on my own. I'm happy to report that he's doing fine.

No comments: