One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, February 25, 2008

#138 - Boutique Shopping?

On Saturday, we visited a Filipino market in town to get an ingredient for a new recipe I'll be trying soon. A funny story: I got the recipe and directions to the market from a friend, and I bought all the ingredients sans one at our regular grocery store. I had planned to try the recipe last week while my sister was visiting us. But we didn't have time to get the last ingredient, so she left before we tried it. We finally made it to the store Saturday, and on Sunday we realized the fresh shrimp I had bought had already gone bad. *Sheesh*

Anyway, the market is very small and tucked in a strip mall with many other small stores. We weren't in there for long but I didn't see many brands I recognized among the items on the shelves. We asked for help, and the gentleman who showed us where to go barely spoke English... but he did know what we were looking for and led us right to it. We only bought the one thing we needed, but perhaps we'll find a reason to go back and explore next time.

No comments: