One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

#126 - Fixing and Patching



This afternoon, during the Super Bowl, I helped my father-in-law and hubby patch two holes in the wall and hang a new coat rack. I've never been one to complete major house repairs, and while this wouldn't be "major" for either of the men I was helping, it was for me! We used a putty knife to patch the holes (which were from the coat rack pulling out of the wall a week or two ago)... this was the first time I've used anything other than toothpaste to patch a wall. (An old college trick!) Once that dried, I got to use a cordless electric drill/screwdriver to hang a fancy board my father-in-law had prepared for us to reinforce the wall. Then we screwed in the coat rack, and we were all done! It looks great and is much stronger than it used to be.


After patching the holes, it looked like this:

and then we hung the board and rack, and it looked like this:


No comments: