One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

#128 - Las Vegas Springs Preserve

Today I also visited the Las Vegas Springs Preserve. It's much like a giant nature park with a few buildings dedicated to environment-related displays. The Sustainability Exhibit was pretty cool, with samples of everyday household items that you can buy made out of recycled materials, games for kids to play that relate to renewable energy and recycling, and tips on making easy steps towards helping keep the environment safe. The also had a "design studio" with lots of samples of the household items so that folks who want to buy them can see them up close before making the financial commitment. I also ate lunch in the Wolfgang Puck-affiliated cafe on the premises, and it enjoyed a delicious Chinese chicken salad with candied cashews. Yum!

No comments: