One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

#243 - Have Some Sup and Eat It, Too

Thanks to some recommendations from a few different friends, today I ate lunch with a friend at Sup, a fairly new local restaurant that serves homemade soups, sandwiches and desserts. Though I would like to report that I tried the vichyssoise (which was an option!) I opted instead for a carrot ginger soup with a turkey pesto half-sandwich. My lunch was served with a small (but tasty) salad with strawberries on top, and a cookie. We bought a large dessert to share but ended up being too full to eat it, so I tasted a little as an afternoon snack - I'm not entirely sure what all it's made of (coconut, nuts, dried cranberries and apricots, other crunchy stuff all held together with honey). Next time I'll skip the extra dessert and just concentrate on my yummy lunch. Thanks to my friend Mindy for the great company and terrific lunch-destination-suggestion!

No comments: