One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

#230 - Mormon Tabernacle Choir


This morning, I attended a free performance of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City. Since 1929, the choir has performed each Sunday in a live performance of the radio/TV show "Music and the Spoken Word," which was today's performance. During the summer months, they hold this show in the convention center which holds 21,000 guests, so we didn't see the actual Tabernacle. But the convention center was pretty awesome as you can see in the photo. The organ has 8,000 pipes in it, and is smaller than the one at the Tabernacle! I enjoyed the musical selections and the inspiring Make-a-Wish fulfillment they had at the end of the performance as well.

1 comment:

Holly Soprano said...

HI! I am so glad you were able to attend. If you would like to watch a news clip of the touching "wish fulfillment" go to this link. :)

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6723033&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1