One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, June 6, 2008

#227 & #228 - A New Destination and Hawaiian Food

Today I travelled to Salt Lake City (I've never been here before) and ate at a new restaurant. First things first: on first impression, the city seems smaller than I thought, for a place that hosted the Winter Olympics in 2002. The part of town I am staying in has the Olympics logo on everything, but I just can't imagine this place inundated with so many international people everywhere. But the city is clean and even the mall on a Friday night didn't seem too crowded.

I walked just a few blocks from where we are staying to the Gateway Mall, where we tried a meal at a place called Rumbi Island Grill. I think this is maybe a Hawaiian-type of food? Maybe Jamaican? I don't know, I tried the orange chicken with rice platter, it was delicious and a little spicy. I felt a little guilty not having any vegetables at all, but I got over it.

No comments: