One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

#246 - Family Traditions

I've been thinking a lot about family traditions as we plan an old-school 4th of July trip to California to see home-grown fireworks in the street. (I'm really excited about it - what a great new thing to share with the little guy!) Tonight for dinner, we made a recipe out of a great book of family recipies from my wonderful hubby's side of the family. The book itself was a wedding gift from my amazing mother-in-law, who wrote out all of the family favorites for us to use. This evening with our pork chops, we made a simple fried rice recipe that I know my hubby has eaten many times (the final product was familiar to me too). TLG enjoys fried rice in all its forms, so tonight's experiment was a great success.

No comments: