One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

#239 - Newsies

How, I ask you, did I live all these years without seeing the Disney musical "Newsies"?!? Last night (and this morning) I finally got a chance to check out this great little movie, starring many of my early-1990's favorite actors including Bill Pullman, Max Casella (the best friend from Doogie Howser) and David Moscow (from the movie "Big"). Directed by Kenny Ortega (who went on to direct a little movie or two called "High School Musical"), with music by Alan Menken (from "The Little Mermaid")... well, this movie basically had everything I want in a musical: cute kids, hummable songs, good plot and acting. Family, friends, if you haven't seen this one, I urge you to add it to your Netflix queue right away. You won't be sorry.

No comments: