One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, June 23, 2008

#242 - Big Boy Bed Construction


The saga of the big boy bed continues... we got all the furniture upstairs and put together (thanks, Grandpa and Grandma!) and tonight is the little guy's real first night in his new bed. My hubby and his dad took out all the old furniture from TLG's room while I was on a conference call, and Grandma played outside with TLG while we all discussed how it was all going to fit. Once we are done with the changing table everything will fit a little better... Plus there's still a spare nightstand in there (see the photo). But the new furniture looks great, and I think I organized enough of the clothes to just put everything away in there tomorrow. (There's quite a bit of mess in the spare bedroom tonight, so it's a good thing we aren't expecting guests for a while!) TLG was very happy about his new bed and seemed to go to sleep right away - though that could have been because it was an hour past bedtime when we finally were done. I am happy and sad about this new bed, because he's officially not a baby anymore. Now if we could just get the potty training to work!

No comments: